Quantcast

Monday, May 23, 2011

Korean Culture: Bath houses

Did you know there are public bath houses in Korea?  I remember giggling in elementary school when I saw the illustrations and read about the Japanese bath houses.  In Korea, you pay $4-$8 to get in.  The spa treatments are luxurious.  The men and women are separate, and I've read that, once you try it, you're hooked, but I'm not so sure about this one.


I'll have to revisit this topic after getting there and discussing/experiencing the bath houses.


Via Wishbone Clever
"Bath houses are great for people who are comfortable with their own bodies and at ease with the nudity of others. I am neither. And yet this is the year I've chosen to be uncomfortable, so off I went."

-Cat Lincoln-

"Discomfortable: Korean Bath House"

4 comments:

  1. I could never do that! I'm not brave enough, nor do I like my body enough!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Latvia with BFC this spring, and somehow only a few hours after we got off the plane the entire team ended up pretty-nearly naked sitting in a Latvian sauna with two Latvian church pastors.

    Korean bath-houses sound equally or more intense though, so I insist that you do a post about once you're there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly's right, you have to do it! Now that you've talked about it, you can't back out without cheating yourself out of an awesome life experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.