Quantcast

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To get to Korea

As I've gone along, I've been curious about how much I've been spending on getting a job in Korea.  I've decided to make a list.  Maybe this will help anyone else wanting to go overseas to teach ESL.

So far...
$5 - Parking in Atlanta
$15 - 4 Official transcripts from college (the first was free! Yay, Bryan College!)
$3 - Apostille for the copy of my degree
$5 - Fingerprints at the county jail
$18 - FBI background check 
$1.94 - Shipping for my background check request
$3 - Apostille for background check
+  $17.98 - 4 passport photos from Walgreens
$68.92 (not including gas money to and from Atlanta thrice nor to and from the jail 4+ times)
May I add, the recruiting agency I've been working with, Footprints Recruiting, has been excellent.  They've been so helpful and encouraging, and I totally pass on the recommendation I received.  If you're interested in this kind of thing at all, start with them.

By the way, I'm glad my signature has changed since my passport was last renewed in May 2006:


At least, I'm pretty sure it's changed...

2 comments:

  1. Signatures are so tricky! I've been working on mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That autographed "E" in your middle name is intense. It's from your "Freshman Lindsay" period, I would say.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.